My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
mike141

Sink Drain

Hello...I am a new Monterey Owner, Just bought a 2009 254 FSX.

My Sink Drain runs very slow down to the Bilge pump box below the ski locker. (Boat has a grey water system.) Also the head sink runs slow, and when water runs into that sink, it actually starts coming up the floor drain, and then back down after a few minutes. I checked the the pump and it seems to be working fine, just the flow from sinks to that sump box very slow. I blew out the lines with air, and no obstructions. Is this just typical with boat sink operation?

thanks for any help you can provide.

Sump boxes continually get clogged with hair, dirt and debris. They need to be cleaned regularly. You just might have to stay ahead of the game and clean it more often. Also check any elbows that might be in the system for a build up of gunk that might prevent a better flow.

my sink drain on my 290cr is the same way, i did reroute the drain somewhat and it flows a little better, but mine dumps directly overboard, not to a sump. you might want to check the level after it come from the sink and travels probably to the side of the boat and then downwards, it may need to be adjusted somewhat.