My Monterey
Heinrich

Toilet question on 2005 270CR

Hi all,

I was wondering if other 270CR 205 owners are experiencing the same issue as us on our JABSCO Twist'n'Lock Compact Manual Head.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Background: We dry store our boat at the marina. We also never close any of the thru-hull shut-off valves. (Thinking/guessing this may have something to do with it… since all the water typically drains out.) I have also replaced all the internal fittings/seals (Jabsco Service Kit) on the pump-out mechanism (thinking that’s the problem). However, the problem still occurs intermittently.

Question: The potty always pumps out into the holding tank even if you just dump water into the bowl), however sometimes it just won’t suck water in (needless to say the little lever is in the right position to allow it to pump out and in into the toilet). I’m questing (by looking under the stairwell that the thru hull valve) is the one that sucks water in from the lake into the potty? Or am I wrong and the porta-potty get its water from the clean water holding tank on the boat?

Kind regards,

Heinrich

Hi all,

I was wondering if other 270CR 205 owners are experiencing the same issue as us on our JABSCO Twist'n'Lock Compact Manual Head.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Background: We dry store our boat at the marina. We also never close any of the thru-hull shut-off valves. (Thinking/guessing this may have something to do with it… since all the water typically drains out.) I have also replaced all the internal fittings/seals (Jabsco Service Kit) on the pump-out mechanism (thinking that’s the problem). However, the problem still occurs intermittently.

Question: The potty always pumps out into the holding tank even if you just dump water into the bowl), however sometimes it just won’t suck water in (needless to say the little lever is in the right position to allow it to pump out and in into the toilet). I’m questing (by looking under the stairwell that the thru hull valve) is the one that sucks water in from the lake into the potty? Or am I wrong and the porta-potty get its water from the clean water holding tank on the boat?

Kind regards,

Heinrich

Heinrich,

I have a 2005 250CR and the configuration is the same as your boat. The thru-hull valve that is located in the sump hole under the stairs is the pick up for the toilet. I had the same problem last year with it not picking up water to fill the bowl. I put baby oil down the bowl and flushed it into the holding tank as this is a lubricated the seals in the pump and will not harm them and the pump worked fine since. I also do the baby oil thing in the fall when I winterize it and it is good to go the next year.

Hope this helps Peter

Hi all,

Kind regards,

Heinrich

I used to have a 250CR and had the same problem. A buddy of mine at our marina also had the problem. In time the seals go bad on the hand pump. On mine and my buddy's, replacing them helped but if I remember correctly, if you don't get them just right it won't work. Seems to me I had to redo mine a couple of times before I got it to work correctly.....wouldn't hurt to try the baby oil thing first though.

I have a 2000 242 cruiser and I replaced that part that you show in your message but I only paid 65.00 for it from a site on here on the web. Search around, 184.00 is way too much money for that unit.

My thru hull valve is in the same spot as Peter's and yours. I found a bottle of lube that for this pump at West Marine for about 11.00. I didn't think about using baby oil or dawn dish soap as a lube but they work too. I was told to use mineral oil a few times a season and during winter layup by the person that did the survey on my boat. I was picking up some chemicals for the holding tank and felt rich and picked up that WM lube.

It's super easy to change out that pump unit but gee, 184.00 is out of line.

Good luck,

Mark

Guys, awesome, thank you for all the advice!

So, with lots of skepticism I tried the baby oil and holly cow it works like a charm!

Again, thank you so much!

Heinrich