My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
seanfitz

Passenger Limit

I have a 282 CR (2001) and would like to know what the passenger and weight restrictions are. I can't seem to find the weight capacity or limit on passengers. I am wondering if we could get 10 people on the boat safely. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Hey There seanfitz,

The 282 Cruiser is "Yacht Certified" by the NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) and the US Coast Guard. There should be a placard (made of metal) on the starboard side of the boat near the helm/throttle control that states "Yacht Certification". This means there is not a specific capacity limitation for the 282 Cruiser. However, it is the boat operators responsibility to maintain safe boating practices and use common sense when taking guests aboard. You do not want to hinder your boats ability to maneuver or safely take heavy wake/waves.

The maximum capacity ratings for boats stems from a US Coast Guard research of boating accidents and was first implemented around 1972. The results of the study revealed that the leading cause of accidents in boats under 26 feet was overloading.