My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
devenm

2000 298s fuel sending unit location

I have a 2000 298s and the fuel guage stopped working years ago. Lucklily I had kept up with my fuel log and know my burn rate per hour so I haven't paid it mich mind. I can get pretty close with how much fuel I have left. Anyhow, decided to fix it this year and went looking for the sending unit. Appears to me the fuel tank was installed and then the rest of the deck built over the top of it. Anyone know exactly where it is?

Thanks for anyhelp

I have a 2000 298s and the fuel guage stopped working years ago. Lucklily I had kept up with my fuel log and know my burn rate per hour so I haven't paid it mich mind. I can get pretty close with how much fuel I have left. Anyhow, decided to fix it this year and went looking for the sending unit. Appears to me the fuel tank was installed and then the rest of the deck built over the top of it. Anyone know exactly where it is?

Thanks for anyhelp

Assuming you have only one fuel tank, the tank will be located low in the center of the boat, in front of your engines. There should be a visable cover, to access the sending unit in the tank. If you have two tanks, then access to them is a whole different ball game. I would suggest calling Monterey tech support, so they can lead you in the right direction.

USE EXTREME CAUTION when working on the fuel sytem! If you are not sure what you are doing, have a proffesional do the work for you!