My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Crossing Tides

1999 262 Cruiser Full Cover

I am looking for a full cover for my 1999 262 cruiser that has the extended swim platform. I am having a hard time finding a custom fit one that will fit over the platform. Has anyone bought a custom or semi-custom cover for the 262? I am in the northeast (philly burbs) so I need something a little heavier for the winter. My goal is to find something that will replace yearly shrink wrapping.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Joe

I am looking for a full cover for my 1999 262 cruiser that has the extended swim platform. I am having a hard time finding a custom fit one that will fit over the platform. Has anyone bought a custom or semi-custom cover for the 262? I am in the northeast (philly burbs) so I need something a little heavier for the winter. My goal is to find something that will replace yearly shrink wrapping.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Joe

Contact Taylor Made, they are the company that has the patterns and made the canvas for our boats.

Ameritek(Taylormade) did not make a full storage cover for any of our boats. Only the cockpit cover, bimini and camper canvas. The best full covers for winter and storage are made my Fisher. Contact them, they made a full cover for our 282CR. It was a perfect fit, and lasts many years.

http://www.fishercanvas.com/

To the OP...

Great Lakes Canvas was the original manufacturer of our canvas and has the patterns.

http://www.greatlakesboattop.com/othersearch/index.php?action=othersearchresults

Unfortunately there was no FULL COVER offered for these boats, especially one to fit an extended platform. I would also be VERY cautious about trying to use canvas as an outdoor winter cover if you get snow where you live. The weight of snow will destry expensive canvas in a hurry.

I have used Great Lakes to replace my entire set of canvas and was 1000% happy with prices, fitment, cost and shipping.

To all... I am looking to replace the entire Bimini cover, glass windows and camper cover on my 98 262 cruiser. It is green and color, and I would like to switch the color to blue.

Do you know the part #'s/ model #'s by any chance? I would like to call Taylor Made tomorrow.

Many thanks!

Pre 1999, many of the Monterey records/files for their boats were lost in the fire, so specific part #'s may be difficult to find. A local canvas shop can make it to fit exactly, and be cheaper than from Ameritex.