My Monterey
carnut442

2005 248LS Bowrider Grille suggestions

I just purchased a 2005 248 LS Bowrider. I was planning to buy a Magma SS grille for it. I am looking for suggestions of what other people have bought and where they have mounted them. Thanks in advance for your help.

It's a matter of preference, but mounting a grill ion a pedestal on the swimplatform seems to be the best way for us.

GrillInstall6.jpg

I have a 2000 242 Cruiser. I have the magma grill and I mounted the base that the mounting pole screws into, between the rungs of the swim steps on my extended swim platform. I open the hatch to the swim step and screw in the mounting pole then put the grill onto the pole.

We do a lot of fishing and crabbing and crusing in the Pacific and here in the Northwest the water is in the 50 degree range in the summer. We don't do any swimming up here.

With the base in our location we don't step or trip over it, it's out of the way but handy when needed.

Enjoy.

I have an 06 248LS and I bought the Kuuma grill (Very similar) and the pedestal mount and mounted it on the swim platform. Had to drill holes in the platform but this way I can stand and grill and the grease drips are easier to clean off. Also out of the way of my family and kids as I mounted it on the opposite side of the ladder.