My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
JHT

224FS Storage on Starboard Side Of Engine

We are new to Monterey and there is a large space to the starboard side of the engine that would be a blessing for storage. But, there is no cavity or even a divider between the transom and the front of the engine compartment to keep stuff from falling into the engine or the deep bilge. Has anybody done anything to use this space? Would like to see photos if you have any. Thanks.

Welcome Jack !! :)

I would suggest a storage net in that area to protect gear from moving around while underway. Here is one source.

http://www.organizedobie.com/categories/239/Netting-Organization

Our 204FS has a divider on the starboard side, so we did not need one. But without a divider, your boat makes it easier to

access that side of the engine for service. With a net, you can simply remove it when you need engine service. We store

our life jackets in a duffle bag on the starboard side, as well as another duffle bag with boat maintenance items.

Hope this helps !

Thanks, Rip5. I decided to get some covered plastic tubs that just fit between the side of the boat and a 4" high x 1/2" plastic panel that I am currently installing. The plastic panel will keep the tubs from sliding into the engine. Like the idea of the netting, too, but am using material I had laying around he garage.