My Monterey
torombolo

262 Maintenance

Hello everyone, is that time of the year for me, I need to take my 262 out of the water and service. Below is my list of to do's, if you have any more suggestions please post theme here they are more than welcome.

A little info: Boat is a 2001, keept in sea water year round last tune up less than 40 hrs & a year ago, sterndrive was removed to replace the coupler in July and it was redone with grease, belows, seals etc.

List:

1- Antifauling paint for the bottom and sterndrive

2- Oil & filter replacement

3- Sparkplugs

4- Coupler (maybe) the boat is again not pushing, engine might have not been properly aling.

5- sterndrive & prop service

6-

7-

More to come.

Thanks for looking

Gracias, Carlos, will do, the good thing is that both the risers and Mannifolds were replaced Jan-2012

One more question: Aside from the OEM recomended Quicksilver 4 stroke oil, does anyone recomend anything else, anything better?

Try to use 100% Synthetic oil only. Tne best for all engines. Do you have a engine flusher to clean out the salt water out?

Dont forget about the water impeller and fuel and water separator.

As far as oil goes, I have been using Delo 400 synthetic 15W-40. Its made for heavy duty motors, such as yours.

Thank you very much for the replys, you got me on the engine flusher, do you mean to flush the engine like with the ear muffs ?

Impeler is sure to come as well as the anodes (zinc) and thanks all for the imput on 100% syntetic

Ear muffs are pretty sufficient for flushing out salt water, unless you want to spend a bit more and install a fresh water cooled unit.

other than that, run your ear muffs for about 7 min with the engine rev up only a little to open up the thermostat. I recommend using Salt-Away as well