My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Soonerjake

Stereo upgrades

HI... I am about to take delivery of a 2002 268s with 43hrs. The boat is currently at Samson Sports having a custom reverse arch installed with double 7's speaker package. They are also doing the amp install. When I get the boat I will let you know where they placed the amp. As well I will also be looking to install a sub. So I am also interested in where to place it.

HI... I am about to take delivery of a 2002 268s with 43hrs. The boat is currently at Samson Sports having a custom reverse arch installed with double 7's speaker package. They are also doing the amp install. When I get the boat I will let you know where they placed the amp. As well I will also be looking to install a sub. So I am also interested in where to place it.

Love to see pics Ron. But it wont help me much as I've got mine done. 2 alpine pdx amps in the area where the battery switch is located. Also installed 2 kicker 10in subs under the port side seat flushed mounted so we can still use the cooler area if we choose.

Love to see pics Ron. But it wont help me much as I've got mine done. 2 alpine pdx amps in the area where the battery switch is located. Also installed 2 kicker 10in subs under the port side seat flushed mounted so we can still use the cooler area if we choose.

If you have a chance, could you please send me pics of your installation! Did you upgrade the original 4 speakers? I was to pick up the boat this past Sat, however Samson had not finished the tower. So this Saturday it is.... I HOPE!!

How do you like your 268?? What engine/drive option do you have? This boat has the Penta 8.1 GXi 420h.p.

If you have a chance, could you please send me pics of your installation! Did you upgrade the original 4 speakers? I was to pick up the boat this past Sat, however Samson had not finished the tower. So this Saturday it is.... I HOPE!!

How do you like your 268?? What engine/drive option do you have? This boat has the Penta 8.1 GXi 420h.p.

Love our boat! Rides great in pretty big water (Lake Texoma). We have the Merc 496 mag w/bravo 3. Yes I upgraded all the 6.5's with polk momo's and actually added 2 in the starboard walkthru area, so those on the sun pad could hear.

Here are the amps under the corner seat where the battery switch is located. Close to to batteries and on same side as head unit.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-10/1282187/amps.jpg

Sorry wifey got in the pic! Best one I had of the speakers. Sorry I will get better ones this weekend. I didnt have any of the subs either.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-10/128...peakersstar.jpg

Here are the amps under the corner seat where the battery switch is located. Close to to batteries and on same side as head unit.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-10/1282187/amps.jpg

Sorry wifey got in the pic! Best one I had of the speakers. Sorry I will get better ones this weekend. I didnt have any of the subs either.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-10/128...peakersstar.jpg

Thank you for the pictures! I look forward to seeing the sub install. Are you happy with their location and sound?

I received pictures of the boat with the Samson Tower installed, speakers are on the floor for shipping.

What are you getting for top speed/RPM? Cruise Speed/RPM and do you know your props pitch?

Anthing I should know about before I go on MY maiden voyage with her???? Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you for the pictures! I look forward to seeing the sub install. Are you happy with their location and sound?

I received pictures of the boat with the Samson Tower installed, speakers are on the floor for shipping.

What are you getting for top speed/RPM? Cruise Speed/RPM and do you know your props pitch?

Anthing I should know about before I go on MY maiden voyage with her???? Any advise is appreciated.

Havent looked at the props, but we are getting around 4900 rpm's and 56mph on the speedo. Havent gps'd it but I would guess it to be in the 53-55 range wot. The midrange is awesome. I'm cruising at 35-40 before I realize it. Be careful of the tabs as they are recessed if you trailer or store on a lift. I left one just a touch down and it has caused a leak that I have yet to repair (messy bilge!). It seemed to ride much more on top of the water than the chaparrals I owned. All in all a very good riding boat. Handles fairly well around the docks for a single engine this size. A few little things in the design I would like to see changed. 1. aft ski locker should clear the bench seat when raised. as it is to fully open the locker you have to raise the back seat up just a bit. 2. I would like the port side ice chest area to be enclosed (this is just a personal preference) 3. a handle on the ladder like my chaparral had. no real good place to grab.

As for the stereo, I like the sound and am pretty happy with it. Subs hit well for free air and it was pretty easily accessible. I will get better pics this weekend. I also added the Ipod controller and the new sirius (dont ask why its new) equipment so I could control everything from the kenwood remotes.

Congrats and enjoy the heck out of it!

Havent looked at the props, but we are getting around 4900 rpm's and 56mph on the speedo. Havent gps'd it but I would guess it to be in the 53-55 range wot. The midrange is awesome. I'm cruising at 35-40 before I realize it. Be careful of the tabs as they are recessed if you trailer or store on a lift. I left one just a touch down and it has caused a leak that I have yet to repair (messy bilge!). It seemed to ride much more on top of the water than the chaparrals I owned. All in all a very good riding boat. Handles fairly well around the docks for a single engine this size. A few little things in the design I would like to see changed. 1. aft ski locker should clear the bench seat when raised. as it is to fully open the locker you have to raise the back seat up just a bit. 2. I would like the port side ice chest area to be enclosed (this is just a personal preference) 3. a handle on the ladder like my chaparral had. no real good place to grab.

As for the stereo, I like the sound and am pretty happy with it. Subs hit well for free air and it was pretty easily accessible. I will get better pics this weekend. I also added the Ipod controller and the new sirius (dont ask why its new) equipment so I could control everything from the kenwood remotes.

Congrats and enjoy the heck out of it!

Well tomorrow is the big day. Take delivery in the morning. I tried to attached pictures last post but it didn't seem to work. Also not impressed with the delay when I reply to when it shows up.

Thank you for the heads up on the trim tabs!! I noticed Bennett offers a auto trim retract relay, when you turn off the ignition it automatically fully retracts the tabs. This would probably be good for people like me who are too focused on loading the boat! As well they are offering an automatic trim module I may look at.

I will try to attached the pic again... I am impressed with the look of the tower on the boat. post-10748-1243001081_thumb.jpg

OK I think I figured out this pic attachment! Thanks for all your feedback!

Looks good Ron!! Sorry but I forgot to take pics of the subs but I will next time. Had a few issues with our lake house (septic system) that had me side tracked.

Looks good Ron!! Sorry but I forgot to take pics of the subs but I will next time. Had a few issues with our lake house (septic system) that had me side tracked.

post-10748-1243361363_thumb.jpg

Nice looking vessel!!

Thanks for the compliment.... changed out the DP - F4 props for F6's RPM went from 5200 only down to 5000?? and top speed of 58 m.p.h didn't change... hhhhmmmmmm???? confused

Well the boat is headed to the local stereo shop... see what these boys can put together to put some bass into this thing...