My Monterey

has anyone had a problem with the fiberglass arch on a 290 cr, i had a boat hauler call me up several months ago while he was bringing mine back from florida and say that while traveling at about 65-70 with the boat on the trailer a tractor trailer passed the other direction and my arch broke in half from the wind sheer, not at the deck, but a few feet up on both sides and blew off. i always kept a watch on my boat and all joints, never saw a crack or problem.

do you think he was making it up and actually went under a low lying bridge in florida and smacked it. ??????? he had to have monterey make a new arch for it and it has been down there for 10 months at a monterey suggested repair shop. he said it might be done in a month.

I agree, he hit something with the arch. Wind sheer from a passing truck is highly unlikely. Repair time seems too long IMO. Hope you get it back before your boating season is over. Good Luck !

Something tells me the above two posts are correct! NO WAY the wind from a truck would break the arch! Their story about it taking 10 months to repair the arch is.... well let's just say that is a pile of you know what!

I'm betting someone is putting ALOT of hours on your boat! I would be letting the police investigate this one!

Any updates on your boat?

In thinking about it, I'd want proof of the "failure". I'd want to have the arch (even all the pieces) before I believed his story. Was this a wide load with a follow vehicle? Where's the pieces? I really, really don't believe his story. Stupid men at boat shows hang off arches and they don't break off.