My Monterey
262 in sunny FL

Anchor locker drain question

I'm thinking about removing the flap inside the anchor locker because I think the rode is holding it closed and it collects leaves. Instead of the flap I'd install a clam shell cover to stop the splashes from entering.

Does anyone foresee a problem with removing the flapper and installing the cover?

Thanks in advance

I'm thinking about removing the flap inside the anchor locker because I think the rode is holding it closed and it collects leaves. Instead of the flap I'd install a clam shell cover to stop the splashes from entering.

Does anyone foresee a problem with removing the flapper and installing the cover?

Thanks in advance

Collecting leaves...isn't it a boat that's on the water :huh: Sorry I just couldn't help myself :)

My anchor locker has a very small hole and most leafs wouldn't pass thru. I just cleaned my locker out, the first time in 2 years and there wasn't much in the bottom, not even any seaweed/eel grass.

Same here. In fact I recently installed a winless and after boating I flush the locker (rode) with fresh water. I don't recall even having a flap (I don't think I do), but to be honest I don't think removing it would be an issue. Better question for MOST.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Anyway, yup, leaf & small twigs can find their way into the anchor locker. I trailer my 262 and we have lots of trees.

The internal flap just seems like a PITB to drainage and I can't see a reason for it. Which boats do you guys have? And, erik, I remember your posts about the windlass and will probably end up revisiting that idea this "winter".

Thanks