My Monterey
DaveFL

Looking at another Boat, suggestions appreciated.

Okay, been a boater most of my life and we are in the market for a 2nd boat now, looking at a bowrider. Montery is my 1st choice, Regal my second, and he Montery has an edge on this as Im in Gainesville, FL and they build Montery boats about 40 minutes tops from me.

I am looking used, 2003-2007 in that area Bowrider 21-24 foot. Prefer Merc vs Volvo and a bravo 2 or 3 vs alpha 1.

It's kind of hard searching for the perfect Boat when your buying used as of model changes by year. I'd like to be able to hold 6-8 comfortably that pushes It up to a 24ft, I would also like an enclosed head, Not sure if Montery ever put these on the bowriders.

Got rid of My 26ft Proline WA in 2008, in 2010 I went in 3 way with my Father in Law and Uncle in Law on a 30 foot Rinker that can not be trailered. We have it mored in Jax across from Jaguar stadium.

What we are looking for now is a boat for fun on the rivers and lakes around us that I can store at my HOA facility and use at a drop of the hat.

Anyone with some knowledge of the older Montery's with what I am looking for please giving me a suggestion on what you would recomend. Not sure what size and models where available and when.

Thanks

Happy Boating!

Dave

Okay, been a boater most of my life and we are in the market for a 2nd boat now, looking at a bowrider. Montery is my 1st choice, Regal my second, and he Montery has an edge on this as Im in Gainesville, FL and they build Montery boats about 40 minutes tops from me.

I am looking used, 2003-2007 in that area Bowrider 21-24 foot. Prefer Merc vs Volvo and a bravo 2 or 3 vs alpha 1.

It's kind of hard searching for the perfect Boat when your buying used as of model changes by year. I'd like to be able to hold 6-8 comfortably that pushes It up to a 24ft, I would also like an enclosed head, Not sure if Montery ever put these on the bowriders.

Got rid of My 26ft Proline WA in 2008, in 2010 I went in 3 way with my Father in Law and Uncle in Law on a 30 foot Rinker that can not be trailered. We have it mored in Jax across from Jaguar stadium.

What we are looking for now is a boat for fun on the rivers and lakes around us that I can store at my HOA facility and use at a drop of the hat.

Anyone with some knowledge of the older Montery's with what I am looking for please giving me a suggestion on what you would recomend. Not sure what size and models where available and when.

Thanks

Happy Boating!

Dave

I purchased my first boat this year. It is a 2005 Monterey 248LS Montura . It is 24 feet, 8 inches long. I use it on a Lake and have it with a valet service, which works out perfectly for us. It has a 300 HP Merc motor, bravo2 and a good sized head. It is a portapotty, but it can be pumped out. It will hold up to 11 people and 6-8 very comfortably. I had been looking at Sea Rays, since most of my friends have them. I like this better. I think it rides better, handles better and has a better layout for seating. I think you would be very happy with it. I saw one on boat trader that was in Fl, when I was looking for mine. It is still listed. Here is a link to it. http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-Monterey-248-LS-Bowrider-101813649 Good luck!