My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
newboat315

264FS head questions

I'm in the process of purchasing a 264FS that my dealer is getting from another dealer. On the option list is an "Electric Head with holding tank" and a separate option of "Gray water system for electric head." Dealer and Monterey web site don't have an explanation for what the gray water system is for - the head option already includes a holding tank. I know that gray water systems normally refer to holding tanks for sinks and showers and do not include the head. Does anyone have this option and could enlighten me?

While on the topic of the head, the boat does not have the Portlight option for the head. I see this becoming a sweatbox. Has any one added a portlight or fan to the head?

Thanks for any assistance.

I have 254fsx which is older version of the 264fs. I have the grey water system, and don't like it. It dumps the sinks, and floor drain in the head, into a box located under the ski locker, then is pumped into the waste storage tank along with the Head waste. only one tank, and Just makes you require pump outs sooner. If you don't have it, then this water will just drain to the bildge, and get pumped overboard with your bilge pump.

As for the portlight, I don't have one, or a fan. I do get an odor in their from time to time, heat not the issue for me. Bigger issue for me, is no natural light. need to turn light on every time, and my kids always forget to turn it off, draining my batteries. These boats should have a portlight option.