My Monterey
peterr

2005 302SC Vacu Flush Filter

Is there a filter in the vacu flush system for 302 SC. I have checked everywhere and the mannual but was unable to locate one.

I have added chemicals to the holding tank but still get a smell when tolet is flushed any idaes on how to solve this one....

Yes there is a filter. You have to take the back panel off (foot of aft cabin), look up directly above the holding tank and you will see the long white canister. They are aroung 65 bucks thru Ebay.

Peterr

Before you buy from E-Bay one look at these I replaced mine on my 250 CR this spring and they have kits for replacing the charcoal and foam which costs a lot less than replacing the whole filter assembly each time.

http://bigorangefilter.com/

Peter

Peterr: The Vacuflush paperwork does not mention the vent filter. It could be a dealer installed item or installed at the factory. It could be that someone forgot to install it in the vent hose. Our boat has the same one that was new 4 years ago and it seems to be operating odor free. I suggest that the vacuflush system be well flushed. I have added bleach to water and filled the waste tank 1/4 full, then taken a boat ride to shake things up a bit, then sucked-out the tank at the marina. Good luck! Griff

I have the old fashion you pump it, no filters in the system head. I had an odor problem and I tried a few of the different chemicals that you add after you pump the tank out. I used vinegar, placed into the bowel and the tank, at least a gallon of it and left it there and used the system until it was time to pump it empty.

The vinegar did the trick for me to take the odor away. Bleach has cholrine and that could cause a chemical reaction and I didn't want to trust that.

I had thought of addng a vent filter but the vinegar did the trick and is cheaper and easier to use than buying filters and the time/trouble to replace them.