My Monterey
Frank C

Seat Cleaning

I have a 2012 280SY and the seats are a two tone white (vinyl) and darker, almost fabric/cloth type material like you see in many of the Monterey models. The darker color area is a tougher, more durable material but I have a couple dark stains on this darker material that I can't get off. I have tried Simple Green and Meguiers fabric cleaner and neither have worked. These two cleaners work great on the white/vinyl portion of the seats. Any ideas on what other products anyone has used to clean this area? Or can anyone tell me what type of material this is for the darker area so I can try to find the correct type of cleaner? One of the posts says to try nail polish remover diluted but I was hesitant to try that as it may take the color out of it which would obviously look terrible. Thanks in advance

Frank

Your owners manual tells what type/brand of vinyl in your boat, as well as how to do routine cleaning,stubborn stain cleaning, and what type cleaners to use.

Mr Clean Magic Erasers have cleaned everything on my boat from the vinyl to the hull they work awesome.

They do work well, but the abrasive in them will damage the protective coating on your vinyl seats, and cause them to de-grade prematurely.

So if you use them on vinyl, it's at your own risk.