My Monterey
Ron Napier

Monterey 322 stability

Hi I am from Perth Western Australia, I am interested in the 322cr, I think they look like a great boat in the water. My only issue is all the seating is down the starboard side, and if u had 9 people on board, I would think the boat would lean on that side the whole time. Can some one who has one or had one tell me if this is an issue or is there a way of correcting the weight issue, thanks

At rest, the boat may list to the side with more weight, as would any boat. Underway, you can compensate with trim tabs.

I don't think it would be a real concern, as most express cruisers have aft seating in a U or L shape on the starboard

side, and they do just fine fully loaded.

I pick up my 322 / 2001 model back on 2001 and I never had an Issue and i have had more than 9 persons on board. Thank you

Thanks guys for the replies, I realized I had written stern instead of starboard after I posted it, sorry about that. I know that some of the cruiser this size do have some seating on the port side where the 322 doesn't. As you said you just correct the lean with the trim tabs when you are underway.