My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
torombolo

Mercruiser Shifter part #

Hello, I seemed to have broken my Mercruiser control (shifter) on my Monterey 262 (2001)

Is there a replacement OEM part number for this, or any universal control Quicksilver, Uflex, Teleflex will fit?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

There is a replacement Binnacle made by Mercruiser. You should just buy the same model you have. That way you do not have

to change any cables. Fairly easy to look up on the internet based on what drive/generation and engine you have in your 262.

are you absolutely sure it's broken? reason i say this, we also thought ours was broken but when it was pulled out of the water a mussel/clam was growing under the metal shifter part on the outdrive and preventing it from completely engaging! always check the simple things first my 91 year old dad says. hope your fix is just as easy.

Hi, I did found 2 options: Uflex B184MERC & Telflex CH1751P. Leaning toward the Uflex.

eight, it is broken I already had a mechanic fix it once, now is really broken, I did use the boat this weekend but, dont want to wait until is fully gone.

I will get pics by weeks end.