My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
2007 250 CR

stereo for 2007250cr

i would like to upgrade the stereo in my 2007 250cr, and could use some help on how to get thehe old one out and any recommendations for a replacement. Thanks

What model/brand stereo is currently in your boat ?

What requirements do you have for the upgraded stereo ? Bluetooth, Mp3, USB?Video?

Adding an Amp ? Subwoofer ? Using stock speakers or upgrading there too ?

What model/brand stereo is currently in your boat ?kenwood km 300mr = it doesnt ave any front inputs and i vcannot get to the back of it t add a usB ADAPTER THAT Is AVAILABLE THROUGH KENWOOD.

What requirements do you have for the upgraded stereo ? Bluetooth,yes Mp3yes USB?Video?novideo

Adding an Amp ? Subwoofer ? Using stock speakers or upgrading there too ?no -tock,speakersare ok no sub wooferneeddedexistingsound levels are ok

You may need Kenwood removal keys that came with the stereo. See page 29 for the key picture and page 32 of this manual. on how to do it.

(The keys are the same for many Kenwood models with detachable face) http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/manuals/113/113kdcx491.pdf

I would suggest replacing it with another Kenwood HU, as you may be able to use the existing wiring harness and be plug n' play.

Maybe this unit would work for you.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_65892_Kenwood-KDC-BT555U.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp3797861&gclid=CIragsXkjbwCFcI-Mgod0xYAcg

I recently replaced mine with a Kenwood KMR-M312BT because I never listen to CD's anymore. This radio has bluetooth and USB streaming. No key required to remove stock radio, and I was able to plug the harness from the stock radio into the new one. Works great, but not compatible with older Kenwood remote.

Link: http://amzn.com/B00QH8BWA6

There you go. I have had 2 Kenwood HU's both required a key to remove them. Guess not all do......

Yes, I have a 2008 and was able to remove the Kenwood without any keys. Just remove the trim piece that snaps around the radio and you'll see the screws to remove.

Wetsounds amps and speakers, don't under-power speakers and use at least 99%oxygen free copper tinned wire and get good rca cables! Oh and XS-Power batteries. Yeah its a little more impact on the wallet but it's well worth it!!