My Monterey
noxcuses

Cabin mirror removal

I have a 2006 270CR. I would like to mount a tv above the front of the v-birth where the standard mirror is. Any suggestions for removing the mirror in one piece?

noxcuses,

I did the same thing I have a 2005 250CR, the way to get the mirror off is, in the anchor locker there are 4 screws holding the mirror from the anchor locker side and they are easy to remove the mirror will come off in one piece.

Peter

Nope, no screws. There are speakers on either side so there must be a double bulkhead. Anyone have any other thoughts?

nocuses

I finally got my boat out of storage and looked at how I removed the mirror. There are screw head covers on screws(4 screws) on the panel to which the mirror is attached to. I pulled the covers off and the 4 screws,they are there to attach the panel to the bulk head,once the 4 screws were out and the panel removed you will see the 4 screws holding the mirror from the back side of the panel. I had to also remove the trim pieces that are in the cabin that cover where the hull and top are joined. To remove these you will see folded over pieces of vinyl on the trim board, pull back the folded over pieces and you will see there is a screw at each folded over area. Remove the screws and this will allow you to take the trim piece off and give the room to pull the front panel off.

Good luck it is not hard to do.

Peter

On 5/29/2014 at 10:09 PM, noxcuses said:

Nope, no screws. There are speakers on either side so there must be a double bulkhead. Anyone have any other thoughts?

Noxcuses,

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up doing? I was told that I should just screw into the mirror frame to attach the TV mount...

Thanks!