My Monterey
seefke

How to clean cockpit cover

I have a 2008 cr250 and was wondering on the best way to clean the cockpit cover. Also after cleaning should I put a coat of 303 fabric guard on it. The cover has a tag on it stating it was made by taylor made. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have not been over to that side of the state with our boat, We have friends that boat there often. We do need to get over there one of these days, but the lakes in Northern Michigan are so nice, we trailer up there quite a bit.

I have a 2008 cr250 and was wondering on the best way to clean the cockpit cover. Also after cleaning should I put a coat of 303 fabric guard on it. The cover has a tag on it stating it was made by taylor made. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm pretty sure all of your canvas is Sunbrella. Mine was made by Taylor and is Sunbrella material. You can got to their web site for info. They say to use 303 fabric cleaned then the fabric protector. I lean with those and after the protection I apply 303 UV protector.

I'm pretty sure all of your canvas is Sunbrella. Mine was made by Taylor and is Sunbrella material. You can got to their web site for info. They say to use 303 fabric cleaned then the fabric protector. I lean with those and after the protection I apply 303 UV protector.

You apply the 303 protectant on top of the 303 waterproofing? Interesting, I'm sure it helps with slow fading. Does the water still bead?

You apply the 303 protectant on top of the 303 waterproofing? Interesting, I'm sure it helps with slow fading. Does the water still bead?

I've done it both ways, UV first then the protectant and the other way around protectant then waterproofing and the water beads up just fine both ways. I added the protectant after the waterproofing because I didn't have any protectant on hand the day I was cleaning the cover and my parts store is 27 miles away and I didn't want to take the time off of my project to do the driving that day.