My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Jerry Prize

SSC 2700

Consider this some what of an S.O.S!

I recently rescued a 1990 SSC 2700 which had been abandoned at a marinia. Now that I own it, I want to learn more about it. For Instance is this Hull the same as the 270CR and what does the SSC designation stand for? I am an aviation guy who dabbles in Boating so please be kind.

Also I heard there was a fire, but surely there is somewhere I can find useful tech data. Some of the things I am looking for is a place ot order new covers, cabin wiring diagrams, how many SSC 270 hulls were built. Any help is greatly apprecaited.

All the best!

Jerry

post-343-1204952419_thumb.jpg

Hello Jerry,

The 2700 Sports Cruiser was in production for about 4 years, has no history of specific warranty issues or factory recalls. The actual hull design is indeed very similar to the hull design of the current 270 Cruiser being built today. It is a smooth and comfortable ride.

The specs on the boat are as follows:

LOA...28' 8"

Hull length...27'

Beam...9'6"

Fuel Capacity...130 gals.

HP rating...single 350 MAG, T- 200's.

Dry Weight...6700 lbs (twins)

Unfortunately we did suffer a fire in late 1999 and there are no diagrams or manual specific to your boat. Manuals for individual systems are most likely available from the vendors. Any questions regarding that can be posted here.

You can purchase aftermarket canvas items through www.greatlakesboattop.com or westlandgotchacovered.com. In the photo you provided, the gelcoat color appears to be the original "Cobalt Blue" which is probably still available from MiniCraft (contact info is www.minicraft.com). You will need your hull ID number which begins with the letters "RGF" and is located on the starboard transom of the boat when you contact them.

Original upholstery patterns and fabrics are no longer available from the vendor but you can use local resources to have existing pieces recovered. If you have a particular question about your boats systems or a certain part, you can call 352-528-2628 and ask for "tech help" Monday thru Friday, from 8:30 am until 4:00 pm (EST).

To obtain information about the engine specifics, please contact the manufacturer direct.

Good luck, it is a workhorse of a boat and a great looking Cruiser!