My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Swolle

250 CR - Bilge drain plug - where?

All,

Again I'm new to Boats and I bought mine (Monterey 250 CR from 2007) from a private owner.. (so not much instructions)..

I'm now going to take my boat out of the water to have it stored for the winter.

I noticed that after it has been taken out of the water I should remove the bilge drain plug immediately.. where do I find this "plug"?

Thanks for your assistance :-).

BR

Swolle

All,

Again I'm new to Boats and I bought mine (Monterey 250 CR from 2007) from a private owner.. (so not much instructions)..

I'm now going to take my boat out of the water to have it stored for the winter.

I noticed that after it has been taken out of the water I should remove the bilge drain plug immediately.. where do I find this "plug"?

Thanks for your assistance :-).

BR

Swolle

On the back of the boat at the lowest point.

"Where do I find this plug?" Seriously ???

It's directly under the sterndrive, at the lowest point of the transom.

It's located on the stern (at the lowest point, about 1 inch up). Usually made from copper. Now, if you live in Florida, this is likely all you need to do, however if you are up north... you may want to start to research how to winterize the engine and/or any water tanks (or 1st time I suggest you get someone to show you how easy it is, so that you can do it yourself next time). Taking out the bilge plug is just to drain any water in the bilge (this does not winterize the boat).