My Monterey
Persk

Battery switch panel

Hi,

I have two questions regarding how my panel and switches work and how to use them.

My battery switch panel looks like attached pic.

As I see it the switches is in correct position when I´m using my batteries 12 volt power or whether i´m hooked up on shore power?

Turning the middle switch (Parallel) in On position should only be used when the batteries power is so low that I can´t start the engines as an emergency start?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

/Persk

post-35468-0-77455200-1413817476_thumb.jpeg

What you said is correct.

leave as shown when on the hook or shore power.

leave parallel switch off unless emergency start is required.

OK, looks like i´ve understood it correctly then:)

However, I did find the parallel switch in On position once, asked my wife if she had been touching any of the battery

switches but No...our kids (two boys 8 & 10) did of course both also denied...

Could something have been damaged during leaving the parallel switch in On position for a couple of hours?

/Persk

OK, looks like i´ve understood it correctly then:)

However, I did find the parallel switch in On position once, asked my wife if she had been touching any of the battery

switches but No...our kids (two boys 8 & 10) did of course both also denied...

Could something have been damaged during leaving the parallel switch in On position for a couple of hours?

/Persk

When your parallel switch is 'on' your drawing power from both the port and starboard batteries at the same time and are discharging both at the same time. When in the 'off' position each battery is separate from each other. If the port (or starboard) battery goes flat, the other battery will not be effected. If one goes flat you put the switch in the 'on' position and you're drawing from both at the same time and the flat battery will be connected to the full battery allowing your to start both engines.

You won't damage anything having the switch in the 'on' position but you run the risk of discharging both batteries at the same time and you will have nothing in reserve to start either engine.

Hi,

I´m thinking of adding 1 or 2 house batteries but want to have them separated to the starting battery.

How do I do?

/Persk