My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
BobbyQ

Monterey 220 EX 2207

Hi,

For some reason I tried to post this question before and it didn't take. Could anyone out their recommend a Trailer for my Boat> 2007 220 Ex.

I have a slip on Lake Wallenpaupack, PA, but would like to trailer it around to the following places this summer " the Hudson river NYC, Jersey Shore and maybe lake George, NY".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rgds,

Bob

Hi,

For some reason I tried to post this question before and it didn't take. Could anyone out their recommend a Trailer for my Boat> 2007 220 Ex.

I have a slip on Lake Wallenpaupack, PA, but would like to trailer it around to the following places this summer " the Hudson river NYC, Jersey Shore and maybe lake George, NY".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rgds,

Bob

I just bought a new 240 EX, it has a Phoenix Trailer ans it is very nice. You can check, boatmate, heritage, prestige.

Definitely go with an aluminum tandem bunk trailer with disc brakes on both axles. Loadrite is a common name as there are many others. You can also upgrade the trailer with the stainless hardware upgrade and LED lights for a minimum cost. I'd also recommend getting an extra wheel hub assembly complete with bearings installed and a spare tire. If you burn a bearing, you just pop off the old hub with the one center nut and put the new spare hub on and your on your way again. I'm just South of you and do the same towing to salt water. With salt, you'll want the right setup. Always rinse the trailer soon as possible after being in salt. Any steel or galvanized trailer with tube construction will take a beating in no time with salt, look like crap and start to rust after the first dunk in salt.... Check out Camp Marine in point pleasant NJ for great deals on loadrite, it's worth the drive.

Not a necessary option, but electric over hydraulic brakes are unbelievable. Once you tow with them, you won't want to go back to the slide in slide out brake coupler on the front of the trailer. It's a few hundred bucks upgrade, but works awesome. I have it on my triaxle and absolutely love it. For a smaller boat, it's not a necessity, but rather a really nice to have. No more clunking when coming to a stop or pulling out..

Good luck!

Definitely go with an aluminum tandem bunk trailer with disc brakes on both axles. Loadrite is a common name as there are many others. You can also upgrade the trailer with the stainless hardware upgrade and LED lights for a minimum cost. I'd also recommend getting an extra wheel hub assembly complete with bearings installed and a spare tire. If you burn a bearing, you just pop off the old hub with the one center nut and put the new spare hub on and your on your way again. I'm just South of you and do the same towing to salt water. With salt, you'll want the right setup. Always rinse the trailer soon as possible after being in salt. Any steel or galvanized trailer with tube construction will take a beating in no time with salt, look like crap and start to rust after the first dunk in salt.... Check out Camp Marine in point pleasant NJ for great deals on loadrite, it's worth the drive.

Not a necessary option, but electric over hydraulic brakes are unbelievable. Once you tow with them, you won't want to go back to the slide in slide out brake coupler on the front of the trailer. It's a few hundred bucks upgrade, but works awesome. I have it on my triaxle and absolutely love it. For a smaller boat, it's not a necessity, but rather a really nice to have. No more clunking when coming to a stop or pulling out..

Good luck!

After all my research on the web, you have just confirmed my findings. every single option you mentioned about, but I priced it out with a company called Venture waiting to hear back from them on a price. I've also just sent an email to Camp Marine for a quote as well.

thank you very much..

BobbyqQ