My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Junior

Stereo Change

:huh: I have a 2005 248ls, I want to change out the stereo as so I can have one to connect my IPOD. Does anyboby know where the remote stereo wires run? I want to repleace the existing one with one with a better remote so I can see what station I am on, track, etc. Currently my stereo is mounted in the head with the remote mounted to the left lower side of the helm.

My 2005 248LSC happened to come with a Kenwood Stereo KDC-2025 and a Sirius receiver. If you have the same setup, you're in luck. I was able to purchase a Kenwood adapter to connect my Ipod to to the Sirius receiver "slave" port. It was a simple plug-and-play procedure. Now the radio controls the Ipod and it works great!

I know this is a very old thread but I am curious about this as well. I have an 06 248 LS and would love to connect the iPod. I googled the Multi pin to iPod adaptor. Does this work? Can you have both Sirius and iPod? I have the Kenwood in the head with the remote just left of the wheel. Any thoughts? Thanks!

You can use the adapter for your ipod. You can also have Sirrius if you have the tuner, and don't mind paying for a subscription.Of course you also have CD and radio.