My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
How Sweet It Is!!!

Boating Club????

Hey guys!

Just purchased a new 2008 29' cruiser and we definately love it!!! I was wondering if Monterey has a cruising club like the other manufacturers...Considering we live on the west coast of Florida, there are defiantely a lot of places to visit, but doing so with a club would be very nice (considering we are new to overnight cruising)

Anyway let me know if you've heard anything or know of any Monterey clubs?

Thanks

I've been considering the new 290cr 2008 model with sunlounge. Can you tell me what your thoughts are on the boat, likes/dislikes. Also, what engines are you running and some performance numbers. Planing time ok? Enough power? Any issues with listing port or starboard? We really like this model, just have to move our boat and come to an agreeable number with the Monterey dealer. For a 29 footer, they aren't cheap. THanks and really appreciate your time!

I've been considering the new 290cr 2008 model with sunlounge. Can you tell me what your thoughts are on the boat, likes/dislikes. Also, what engines are you running and some performance numbers. Planing time ok? Enough power? Any issues with listing port or starboard? We really like this model, just have to move our boat and come to an agreeable number with the Monterey dealer. For a 29 footer, they aren't cheap. THanks and really appreciate your time!

The 29' is a great boat; our only problem is the size---its a little small for us because we want to do more cruising....We just got back from a three day trip on the boat....We had about 3-4' seas in the gulf of mexico and it handled amazing. The boat cut through the chop with no problem. Once it was up on a plane, the boat ran amazing. We have volvos on the boat--540hp on the boat...It came fully loaded--air conditioning, Kohler generator, vaccuflush head, hidden cleats, Raymarine C series (we are looking to upgrade to E series and sirius marine weather). Engine wise, we run about 8-12gallon/hour per engine so about 16-24gallon/hour; it cruises nicely at 3200-3600RPM, but when we were in the intercoastal we opened her up to about 38000-4000RPM and she was flying over the water in the ICW. With the twins, docking is very simple. Like I said, our only problem is the size---we'd just like to get a little larger in the future. But again, the handling is amazing!

Best of luck to you!