My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Emmett

What stainless prop

I have recently purchased a 2004 Montura 200LS with a 5.0 liter 260 hp merc cruiser [very low hrs].The prop is the factory 19 aluminum with a little exhaust relief.The previous owner says he could pull over 5000 rpm while doing 54-55 mph with no passengers,and with 4 med adults his GPS indicated 49.My question is what stainless type prop and pitch should I buy since the majority of the time there will be just my wife and I and we no longer ski or tube.I have been out of boating for a few years,and the types of props have changed so much that I need advice on what to look for.My experience has mostly been in fast outboards running choppers and cleavers both over the blade and thru hub.I'm guessing a 22-24 should still keep me in the power range,but I could be way off.Any and all comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Emmett

Way off.

Get a :

Michigan Wheel XHS Ballistic 14-3/8 x 21 RH 933521 propeller

Had same prop on my 2011 204FS with 5.0L V8 and Alpha One drive. Awesome performance and holeshot.

Rip5,thanks for your response to my topic.When comparing the weight of your 204F to my LS200 it appears that my montura is 300 lbs heavier.Should I drop down in pitch to compensate for the difference in weight?

Emmett