My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
traderdavel

1998 Monterey 276 V Berth

Just bought - new to me. Had it about an hour when it had to go into winter storage. 2 questions. (1) Must have over looked, but I do not see the cusions that convert the V - Berth from a table. Where can I buy these? Can I order replacements. Also, I had the boat checked out by a surveyor. He told me that boat had 250 hours on it, confirmed by the meter. Unfortunately, I never checked this, and now I can not find an hour meter. It is definitely no at the helm. Could it be anywhere else?

Thanks for your help

Hi there,

Mine's a 296 from the same year. Don't see much regarding us older boats. Hour meters didn't come standard and are an aftermarket add-on. Mine are fitted under the enginebay doors.

Good luck

Just bought - new to me. Had it about an hour when it had to go into winter storage. 2 questions. (1) Must have over looked, but I do not see the cusions that convert the V - Berth from a table. Where can I buy these? Can I order replacements. Also, I had the boat checked out by a surveyor. He told me that boat had 250 hours on it, confirmed by the meter. Unfortunately, I never checked this, and now I can not find an hour meter. It is definitely no at the helm. Could it be anywhere else?

Thanks for your help

Traderdavel

I know on a Merc package a dealer can read the ECM on the engine and tell what the actual engine hours are, I assume a volvo would be the same. Hope that helps.

Wanted to know if anyone at MOST could help me with the V Berth cushions. (1998 Monterey 276)

FYI: Boat just splashed - 1st time for me. Loving the boat and having a lot of fun

Hello traderdavel,

The upholstery patterns and materials are no longer available from the original vendor. Your best bet is to have some made at a local upholstery shop. You will get a good fit and a good color match also.

Check with your Monterey dealer, marina or marine supply stores for a list of recommended sub-contractors or shops.

Typically, marine upholstery, vinyls and fabrics are available for about 3 to 5 years.

Revitalizing this. I'm hoping one of the owners on this forum would either have, (and looking to sell), the fill cushions to create the Vberth or would know where I could but these. I can probably make them if necessary, but would rather get the real thing.