My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Chris2000322

New owner 322 questions

Ok, short version, went for a ride in a mint 2000 322, was blown away by the speed and handling. Sold my 40 mainship and purchased it. Here is the question, this thing has 7.4 volvo's with duo prop drives, I've owned several cruisers but never one with dual props. Trying to figure out a healthy and economical cruising rpm for this set up. On a test run, trimmed and tabbed with full water and fuel and full canvas up, 3 passengers 3300rpm is 35mph. That's gps. Boats seems a little loose, more like a off shore and just wants to run instead of a nice comfortable cruiser. Forget the numbers north of 4400 rpm

New owner...2000 322 with twin 5.7 volvos.....bought it in the water.  When running 25-30 mph boat rolls on its right side.  used the trim to level it....Pulled out for service and found both drives have RH props ...is this normal or should i have one LH rotation?  Thinking this may be my roll issue????

Not 100% sure about volvos but my merc bravo 3 drives are both RH...my mechanic told me dual props are all RH spinning drives and don't need to be opposing like a single prop drive

Got told the same thing...anyone with a single engine dual prop drive out there??  Do they pull oneway or the other if you let go the wheel??