My Monterey
Joe Davis

Newbie's Saying Hello

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I take delivery of our 2008 400SY this coming week. Just saying hello to everyone at this point. Needless to say we are very excited, and hope that we can get together with other owners in VA and surrounding areas for group outings and great fun.

Cheers,

Joe & Debbie

Hope Springs Marina

Stafford, VA

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I take delivery of our 2008 400SY this coming week. Just saying hello to everyone at this point. Needless to say we are very excited, and hope that we can get together with other owners in VA and surrounding areas for group outings and great fun.

Cheers,

Joe & Debbie

Hope Springs Marina

Stafford, VA

Glad to see that some people are buying boats this year. I have a 318SSX on order since Feb. It is just going into production on 4/9/08. Just curious how long did you had to wait for yours or did you take dealer stock? Post a picture.

Glad to see that some people are buying boats this year. I have a 318SSX on order since Feb. It is just going into production on 4/9/08. Just curious how long did you had to wait for yours or did you take dealer stock? Post a picture.

We bought it from dealer stock, just happened to be driving by one day and decided to stop in. I believe it might be the only one on the US east coast though, and that we might be the first owners of this boat, which is new for 2008. I don't have pix, but if you go to montereyboats.com, select the North American site, then click on Cruisers and Sports Yachts, then click on the 400SY you'll see it. I think the pix might actually be of our boat. We are very excited, we take delivery in a couple of days.

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Cheers.

Congrats on the new boat! We just took delivery of a 234FS and can't wait to get it on the water. Had it in the audio shop this week for a major upgrade! We are set and ready now! Have a great summer.

Congrats on the new boat. I have seen that at the dealership with Family Boating Center and really loved it. I really wanted to move up to the 330 this year but could not really pull the trigger this year.

Congratulations!!!

We are also about to take delivery on a 400SY on April 24th, very much looking forward to a fantastic summer in SE Florida.

Congrads to you both, Joe and Debbie! I just purchased a 214 FS from Family Boating Center and got it out twice last week and absolutely loved it! Maybe we'll see you down at Tim's II in Fairview!

Happy Boating...

Ronnie

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies! We took delivery of our new boat on April 10. It was a pretty big deal, we met Mitch from Monterey who had flown up from FL, Dave from Volvo who had come down from MD, and Bill, Dave and Mark from Family Boating, at the Marina late that morning. Then we spent the next two days going over all the ins and outs of the boat, which included several trials and many hours of learning time. There were some issues, which you would expect from the 3rd one ever built, but everything has been resolved and so far we are very happy !!!

We have taken it out 4 times since then, and plan to take it out again twice this weekend. The IPS drive is amazing. Our slip at the Marina is actually too small for a 41' boat but with the IPS I can nudge it in there without any problems. I'm waiting for the Marina to get really crowded, then I'm going to walk it sideways down the length of the pier and manuever it backwards into the slip. That will be fun.

Solace, are you at Hope Springs? If so, please stop by to say hello, we are in C24.

Yastreb, I take it you are now a happy camper? Let's please keep in touch to share information about our boats.

Ronnie, indeed we might see you at Tim's II, or other places along the Potomac. Are you also at Hope Springs? If so, please stop by to say hello.

We would very much like to energize this website, to get other owners communicating and organizing trips and get togethers. We are willing to travel to meet other owners, and would very much like to arrange some trips, to the Keys, the Bahamas and other places.

Take care everyone, and happy boating!

Cheers,

Joe

congrats on new boat. we too took delivery of new monterey(248ls) this year and have been in love w/ boat ever since. This is our first year w/ Monterey and have been very happy with boat, got ours from Anchor Marine in Northeast, Md. great place to do business with.

Yastreb, I take it you are now a happy camper? Let's please keep in touch to share information about our boats.

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately not yet :( . There was an incident involving the Monterey I was to take delivery on :angry: .

Monterey is now building another boat for me and I should be able to take delivery by the end of July. Monterey has gone out of their way to make sure that our summer is not completely ruined :) .

How are you enjoying yours?

Regards,

Yastreb

Joe...

I actually bought the 214 so I can trailer it. I use the ramp at the Fairview Beach Yacht Club. I do have a few friends who are at Hope Springs so I'm sure we'll see and meet each other eventually (I'm sure your beautiful new 41 footer won't be hard to miss....LOL!).

Ronnie

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately not yet :( . There was an incident involving the Monterey I was to take delivery on :angry: .

Monterey is now building another boat for me and I should be able to take delivery by the end of July. Monterey has gone out of their way to make sure that our summer is not completely ruined :) .

How are you enjoying yours?

Regards,

Yastreb

Hi Yastreb,

I caught that incident on the news, and wondered if that was your boat. I can't imagine how you felt. It is very cool that Monterey is building you a new boat, even though it wasn't their fault. That says alot. They really stand behind their boats.

We have put about 20 hours on our boat so far (in the first 5 weeks), and would have been out more except that the weather here hasn't been that great. What can I say, we love it.

Take care,

Joe

Joe,

We were there last year but decided to move up closer to our house. We really loved our time at Hope Springs but traveling south to get to it on weekends was a pain. We are now up in Prince William County close to the Occoquan. Now it is only 8 miles from our house.

Enjoy and hopefully will see you out there.

Brian