My Monterey
USMC3531

280SC Battery switch question

Just picked a 2013 280SC and wasn't sure on the battery switches. I have three batteries 2 for the start and one for the house. looks like the house battery isn't charging when the battery switch is in the off position. Not sure if the start batteries are charging in the off position either, they are brand new AGM so they are still pretty strong and they start the boat with ease. I'm plugged in to shore power and the battery charger is working. Do the battery switches need to be on for the batteries to charge?

Battery switches do not need to be on for the battery charger to charge them. Check the AC Electrical panel in the cabin and make sure the battery charger switch is on

Hi there

Normally no, but you can check that very easy just put it in off and check if any energy is getting to the batery.

In mine i did the installation so, in my case i use the batterie 2 for marina use and the other is in off but it charges anyway, even if i switch all to off it carges both, the baterie on 2 is just to have eletrical energie from the marina in the boat and dont use the batteries

Hope it helps