My Monterey
johnydi

how to diagnose trim tab problem on 2000 262 ?

I'm new to boating and from what I can tell the trim tabs do absolutely nothing when I am under way...back at the dock with the key in the on position and engine off I had somebody press each button up and down...I can definitely hear the motor operating but the tabs do not seem to move at all? you should be able to see them move correct? anyway I can further diagnose this?

Get in the water, have someone move the switches up/down. Observe if they move. If they do, you are fine.

If they don't, you may need the rams re-built.

Hi there

Myne i have on the dashboard 2 monitors to see each trim tabs, off course y should see them working....

Best sollution take the boat out off water and check it, i think y can hear the electric system working, but maybe y have a problem with less oil on the unit, i don´t know the type off system y have, myne rectrat to the bottom off the boat, most off them are on the back off the boat not under it.

see if y have on the engine compartment a oil system saying trim tabs, if y have see the level off it. I replace this year the trims tabs not the system never have a problem on the system so far.

Best Regards