My Monterey
johnydi

where is the factory water depth transducer located on 2000 262 ?

can not get my depth gauge to display any reading, it lights up and I have set the parameters but the display does not show any number...I am assuming the transducer is faulty but can't seem to find where it is located...does anyone know?

Hi there

Transducers are placed on the bottom off the boat, before you go to there, try to see if is not the gauge itself... maybe a connection from behind is faulty.. can you see any numbers when you set parameters, does it show zeros when y start the engine or something like ----- or like -.- 

If is a Hummimbird it problably mounted on inside the Hull if this is from factory

Hope to help

Transducers are normally installed as close to the aft keel as possible so the beam shoots directly down.  It is likely epoxied in the hull under the engine.

Hi there

Sorry but no.... I had so many boats change so many engines and never see this there, because there is always water there with oil, garbage from cleanning.... 

2. INSIDE HULL MOUNTING PROCEDURE Warning: In order to achieve proper results with this type installation, it is important that the transducer be mounted by someone familiar with the use of two part epoxy adhesives. For this reason, Techsonic Industries, Inc. will not be responsible for any damage due to the mounting of your transducer in this manner. NOTE: An Epoxy Kit (Part N. EPK) is available from Humminbird. This Epoxy Kit has been formulated for Inside Hull Transducer Installation.

1. Select as flat an area as possible near the aft end and center of boat where the hull is thin and not double. If the bottom has a runner down the center of boat, select an area to one side of the runner, but as close to the runner as possible

See... center off the boat, not under the engine... this is a step 1 from installation manual procedure of Humminbird

And check on my 278ssc there is no transducer under the 350 Mag only thing this the pump rest off it is clear so or is more on side on flat floor or behind near the trims oils but i think is more near the gas tank on center off the boat

the gauge lights up and you can play around with setting the numbers for shallow and deep but the actual readout of the gauge shows like this -.-

with no actual numbers or anything, pretty sure it's the transducer, just need to know where it is..thanks

Yes corect that is the transducer, or the wires connect to him.

Like i said try to see on bottom off the boat, try to see where the wiring is going, or call directly to the Monterey and asks them, i dont see in myne under engine nothing there, i asked my mechanic if he saw it anywhere and he didn´t see it but says that in American boats it should be on the bottom off the boat or next or near the engine