My Monterey
stouchton

282 steering centering

Hi folks - brand new owner of a 2004 282CR here.  

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the manufacturer of the steering system, because I am attempting to center the steering wheel and possible take out a little play.  

Any thoughts on how to do this also greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Good chance it is a Teleflex system. We had a 2005 282CR, but never had a reason to adjust anything.

The slack can probably be taken out with a cable adjustment. No experience with it myself.

Hi there

I don´t know the spare part number or manufacturer for wheels in Monterey....

But here are some thoughts

I make a renew on a celebrity boat 220cc and change all front to brand new systems, I use Mastervolt system on all boat, and by a racing wheel from Sparco, but i didn´t change the place where he was.

So can you please tell what you really wont to do with some pictures so I can try to help you out do you mean by centering is to take all off, and open a new hole for the steering wheel more centered?

Thanks for your replies - it is a Teleflex system.  The wheel needs to be in a certain position prior to loading in the control cable.  Looks like someone positioned the wheel wrong so now it is way off center - I am going to try to reload it in the correct position.