My Monterey
kielykid64

Fuel Gauge frozen trim faulty too.

Hi everyone ,

I made a big jump from a 182 Rinker ( wonderful boat for 15 years ) to this baby and its been stored but not loved 

I'm just getting started on the monterey forum and I hope there an easy answer to my questions ; I just bought a 214fs with 270hrs up on the clock . the boat needs to be used as its be sitting for a while . two of the gauges are faulty . The trim is sits at nearly up full and the fuel is on a four gauge cluster all other 3 are working but the fuel is locked on 3/4  even when I have the ignition off . I metered 2.1 volts on the back of the cluster for fuel . I also took off the trim sender it looks good but has anyone any thoughts ,I'd be glad of info should I be looking for clocks or senders  for these faults .

Thanks MK.

Wow that is not an easy answer.

The trim is on up position all time, i see this on mercruisers engines but normally on yamaha old engines.

There is something not telling the gauge where the columm is, there is a sensor for this for exemple the mercruisers engines since 350 MAG best block ever, have 2 position to pull up the columm i found on a boat that someone forget to connect the second part so the only way to pull the engine up for best performance was click to full up on drive and not stoped where it should and keep an eye on the gauge. so maybe y need to see this, check for manual installation off the engine and y will find this.

The fuel normally is the floter stoped, maybe the boat is stoped a long time and the floater is in that position, y can try one thing put gas to full and see if the floater gets out off that position, if not, check the sensor on the tank, usually this is not a gauge fault. But y said on engine off it on that position? that is odd, maybe is passing some 12v eletricity to the gauge, or the gauge is really bad and need a new one, this is dificult to help without see the boat.

The merc engines have a cable to connect to, for y to read the engine erros, try that one for trim and see if is any error recorded there, this cable is used only by merc dealers.