My Monterey
Dave Weese

New owner saying hello

Just wanted to say hi. I'm new to the line of Monterey boat as they aren't a common site in Canada. 

I picked up a 2005 302 with twin Volvo 5.7s with 470hs on it a few months back. I've only put a few hours on it since, as it needed some major cleaning. But so far I'm very impressed with the performance, fuel economy and build quality of the boat. 

FB_IMG_1499700429745.jpg

My mom lost her 2 year battle with cancer back in January, and a bought The boat with some of the money she left me. I figured it was fitting to following her twisted sense of humor. So I named the boat after a pair of Golden Retrievers she used to have. The name of the boat, just like the dogs names did, has already created some funny moments when some one asks me  whats the name of my boat. When you respond Who and What, they take a second thinking I misunderstood them so they ask again. It's always a good laugh and a great conversation starter. 

FB_IMG_1499700442993.jpg

We are heading away forms week long run in the 1000 Islands area here in a few weeks and can't wait to see all those places you can't reach by car.

That's a beautiful vessel Dave!  I'm new here as well and to the Monterey line.  I recently picked up a 2006 248 LS BR.  We love it!  Great name for your boat, I'm sure your Mom is chuckling quite a bit over that one!  Good job!   

All the best!

Ken

Hello Dave and welcome to the club. Nice name for a boat. it will get people talking when they see it. I have a 2004 245 and love it.

Welcome. I'm new to Monterey and this forum as well. I agree, so far I'm impressed with the ride and build quality. That's a beautiful boat, enjoy!

Trip

Dave, I'm sure your Mom is smiling down on you right now. 

I did the same thing earlier this year after my Mom passed away a few years ago. We always enjoyed boating when I was very young and want my kids to have the chance to have that same experience. I have a (new to me) 2004 233 Explorer.

Matt