My Monterey
jfed

bimini top loose

Hi I'm a new (to me) owner of a 2003 245 Cruiser and love it.  I am wondering if anyone has tips to to adjust the supporting beams so that the top is tighter.  As you can see from the pick the top is a little loose so rain collects and probably stretches it out more.

Thank you all.

2017-07-23 09.12.39.jpg

hi there

You know that that is for sun, not winter ? on winter it should be closed i have a 278sc almost 8 years never had this problem, but they are made by Umbrella, see if y have anyone near you that represents umbrella and they can re ajust that for you

Yes, the picture is from summer as the boat is not in the water in the winter.  That pic is after a quick rain storm.

I'll check Umbrella's website for a local dealer.

It may be an illusion in the photo, but it appears the back strut may be bent slightly.  That would cause the center strut to be too low.  You could try disassembling the frame and flipping the back strut left to right.  See if the bend can be removed.  Or have a longer center strut made.  I had an entire new frame made for my boat this spring - went from aluminum to stainless.

Thank you Brian, I'll take a look.  It does look bent in the picture but I never noticed in person.  I'll double check when I'm home.