My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
DVD

1996 Monterey 186 BR

Hi everyone...just purchased a 1996 monterey 186 bowrider. Silly question, but I cannot find an hour meter to see how many hours are on the engine. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Hi everyone...just purchased a 1996 monterey 186 bowrider. Silly question, but I cannot find an hour meter to see how many hours are on the engine. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Kinda funny, (maybe not), but in my post I am asking the same thing. I still have not found the meter and I was kind of hoping a Monterey monitor/admin might be able to help.

Typically, boats of that size don't come with hour meters as standard equipment but in the event there is one, the 1st, obvious place to look is the dash. Next would be somewhere in the engine compartment. Good luck but I doubt there is one.

Typically, boats of that size don't come with hour meters as standard equipment but in the event there is one, the 1st, obvious place to look is the dash. Next would be somewhere in the engine compartment. Good luck but I doubt there is one.

Hello,

Hour meters were a factory option on the bowriders at that time. If the boat was ordered with one, it will be located on the tachometer face at the bottom.

Hello,

Hour meters were a factory option on the bowriders at that time. If the boat was ordered with one, it will be located on the tachometer face at the bottom.

Could you answer for my boat - 1998 Monterey 276 - definitely not at the helm. Could it be in the engine bay?