My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Cabin Lighting

I'm trying to locate a place to purchase the cabin swivel reading lights in my 282 cr. These are the lights each side of the mirror over the forward bed area. They are a can shape with the on off switch on the back that spins to activate the light. One of mine has broken at the swivel joint. I've seen photos where this style of light was used in many of the early 2000's cruisers. I've already tried scanning the internet with no luck. Does anyone on here know how to contact Monterey to see if these are still available? Or perhaps another source?

Hi - I've been looking for originals also without any luck.  There are plenty of other styles that do not match of course - my plan was to simply replace them all   Would be easier just to buy one original, but I never heard back from Monterey - I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if you get a favorable response!

Monterey source their hardware from a number of various marine manufactures. I contacted their customer service about replacement cockpit lighting for my 254FS and they directed me to Marine Hardware where I was able to buy the lighting I needed. Also check out Scandvik.

Here's a link to their website. http://www.marinehardware.com/

Heres the link to the Scandvik site:   http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/method/Shopping_Lighting/id/11.htm

You may or may not find what you're looking for there but good luck. FWIW, I find all of the Monterey dealers in my general area to be useless when it comes to finding replacement parts but I'm sure they do a good job of selling new boats. If you don't find what you need at the link above contact Monterey's customer service through this site and see if they can direct you to the source.

TD

Thanks for the responses, and that website Thornton is a great source to have, but unfortunately nothing matching what I need at the moment. Lots of other hardware on there that I recognize if and when the need arises. So I guess the search continues.