My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
dlrdancin

Rope locker hatch

I have a 2007 Monterey 194FS. The front rope/anchor locker hatch needs to be replaced. I'd like to do it myself. Any thoughts where I can find an OEM locker hatch?

Do you mean the actual fibreglass hatch cover? You'd probably have to contact a dealer and ask them if they can get you a replacement, additionally you can always contact Monterey's customer support to ask them if they can help you.

TD

If it is indeed the hatch itself, your only hope is IF Monterey still has the mold for the hatch. That age of

boat it may no longer be available. Either way, you will have to have a dealer ask Monterey CS if they

can still make one for you.

If it is just the latch, GEM made most of the hardware for Monterey boats of that era.

http://www.gemlux.com/catalog/latch

16 hours ago, Thornton Davis said:

Do you mean the actual fibreglass hatch cover? You'd probably have to contact a dealer and ask them if they can get you a replacement, additionally you can always contact Monterey's customer support to ask them if they can help you.

TD

Yes the hatch cover itself. Thanks for the help.

boat hatch cover.jpeg

On 11/10/2017 at 6:22 PM, dlrdancin said:

I have a 2007 Monterey 194FS. The front rope/anchor locker hatch needs to be replaced. I'd like to do it myself. Any thoughts where I can find an OEM locker hatch?

Looking at the photo you posted what is the problem with the current one. It doesn`t appear to be broken or cracked.

TD

On 10/17/2017 at 1:12 PM, Thornton Davis said:

Looking at the photo you posted what is the problem with the current one. It doesn`t appear to be broken or cracked.

TD

The hatch is bowed and I'm sure it will get worse.