My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
Dale Caparaso

Head Sink and Shower

Hello all and thank each of you for helping with some of my problems.  My getting to understand my new 2002 Monterey 298 with twin 350 MPI Mercruisers is a continuing process.  I am hoping someone can help me one more time.  The other day I went to flush the water tank and replace it with some clean water and a little bleach.  I wanted to do this a couple of times to clean out the tank, hot water tank and the lines.  When I got to the Head and ran the water into the sink it all backed up and came up through the shower drain.  I tried taking off the cover to the drain and put the hose of a wet dry vac to suck out whatever was blocking it.  No Luck.  I did notice one thing.  When the water in the sink finally drained it was not coming out of the side of the boat through a through hull.  Where is it going???  How can this be fixed?  I notice on the sink in the helm area it drains through a side through hull.  Can someone tell me where the water from the Head should be coming out?  Anyone ever have this problem and how did you fix it.

Thank you all.

Update, I assume there is a sub pump for the shower drain.  Does anyone have any idea where that sub pump is located on a 2002 Monterey 298 SS?  I believe the pump in the box is not working.  I cannot find it anywhere on my boat.

Cap