My Monterey
Lonerifle

2005 322 Cruiser Erratic Gauges

I own a 2005 322 Cruiser.  Recently several of my gauges have started to act erratic.  When the throttle is advanced one of the engines will show about a 1000 RMPs less and fluctuate.  however it is clear that the engines are running even.  If you tap the dashboard they will sync.   Similarity fuel gauges indicate intermittently, the trim tab indicators only work intermittently also.  Has anyone else seen a similar issue.  I am wondering if there is a common ground for these indicators that may be loose under the panel.  Any ideas?  Thanks.  

Tapping gauges is nothing new. I have done it for 20 years off and on with 5 different boats.

Likely nothing wrong with your ground, tap away, and go boating!

I generally agree.  Since boats spend time sitting and in humid conditions, I suspect the mechanics of the gauges get a little sticky.  I have had to tap my fuel gauge and occasionally my tach for years. If it gets too bad, replacements are available.   

On 5/13/2018 at 5:36 AM, BrianNJ said:

I generally agree.  Since boats spend time sitting and in humid conditions, I suspect the mechanics of the gauges get a little sticky.  I have had to tap my fuel gauge and occasionally my tach for years. If it gets too bad, replacements are available.   

If tapping doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!