My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
lodijim

Alarm Sounding - HELP!

Went out with the wife for a slow cruise.  After ranging from 5-10MPH for about 1 1/2 hours, the boat started to alarm (beep) for 1-2 seconds every minute of so.  I can't figure it out for the life of me.  2006 234 FSX - Vovlo Penta 5.7 GXI DP     - Thanks in advance for anyone's reply.

I don't own a Volvo (I have a mercruiser).   Most times when the alarm went off it turned turned out to be the Idle Air Control Valve.   Other things to check are the oil level & gear lube oil level.  Other than that, certified mechanic should be able to hook a code reader to it and get the error codes.

I had same issue a few years ago when running at slow speed for about 1 hr. as you did. I have a Volvo 8.1 OSI-J engine.  Mechanic told me the water intake may have been partially blocked, but the temp. gauge read normal.  Next day the Mechanic hooked up a diagnostic computer and got an error code for the Throttle Control.  Was running fine at this point, so I held off on the $300 part and it's been running fine ever since.