My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
drwillb

Fusion ip600 radio dead

Long story short:  2013 264FSC/FSX with almost every option including the Fusion ip600 radio with 2 remotes and wet sounds amp.  About a month ago, the radio would sometimes come on and sometimes not.  It would also come on by itself after turning off.  2 weeks ago, no radio but you could hear the amp click on and interference noise would come through the speakers.

This past weekend I did some internet research and found several other stories of dead Fusion radios.  I tried the reset button, I disconnected the power harness for several extended periods, I have power at the breaker, and I have power at the harness connection.  The head unit is dead.

I just received an email back from Fusion tech support and, as I feared, the WR610 remotes are no longer compatible with current Fusion networking.

Bottom line:  I'm out a head unit, 2 remotes, and all the radio network wiring that will need to be re-run.  I didn't expect a high end radio and all it's components would end up in the trash after 4 seasons of use.

I'm in no way bashing Monterey, I love my boat, the people behind it, and everything they've done for me.  Fusion I'm not so happy about.

Bill Molina

Sorry to hear of your Fusion troubles. Have you searched online for another Fusion iP600 receiver either NOS or refurbished? They're out there. I needed 2 Fusion WR610 remotes to replace the original Kenwood remotes that were factory installed in my 254FS and had no problem finding 2 NOS units in boxes for a great price. 

TD