My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
vlyblace

Replacement Hardware Screws and Nuts 2006 234 FSX

Good day. I reached out to my local dealer and they told me that they do not have resources to get some of the hardware/items that needs to be replaced on my 06 234 FSX. My boat is "too old for them to have parts" :(

Helm door to the head is missing 2 bolts however I am having a hard time finding the flat bolts ( Blind Top Hat Poss?) on the inside of the door.

I am also in need of finding a vendor that carries the Monterey lettering/graphics for the side of the boat as well. I am repairing some stern gel coat and the FSX will need to be replaced.

Finally my bimini top looks like it has the ability off adding sides (zippers) to it during foul weather. I uncertain what the top manufacturer or model that was used on the 06.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

image1.jpeg

IMG_1774.jpg

Good marine supply should have the screws you need.

Custom shop can help with your bimini.  I'm not sure where you are located but usually there are plenty in a port town.

This is a though one, I lost the inside female round nut for one of the screws on my head door hinge earlier this year and went looking for a replacement. The closest thing I could find was one of the same size at Home Depot in their hardware section. However when it was made the forming die created 4 protruding teeth that would grab onto the material it was being placed into. I bought one (.35 cents) and took it home and with my pliers I bent the teeth flat so they created a flat round surface, the result turned out as well as I had hoped it would. Since I already had the screw and had confirmed that the thread in the round nut was compatible with it the fix was simple and although ascetically not perfect it functions well plus my take on this is who's going to be looking at the door hinges inside the head anyway. 

This might not be the "perfect fix" but it worked for me and I'm satisfied with the end result.

TD

IMG_0151.JPG