My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
broph

sirius radio receiver

I have a 2005 298SS and my sirius receiver has gone bad. It is a Kenwood KTCSR902 model. This model is discontinued, do you know where I might be able to find one or is there a replacement for this. Would appreciate any help I can get.

I know a lot about this particular one. As I had an sr903 that was inoperative. Turns out the unit and the antenna was bad, The antenna line was twisted, (spun the antenna instead of the lock nut, I think upon installation) and the SR903 was dead. So I got on EBAY and ordered the SR903...was about 10 or 15 bucks for the winning bid (I won two by mistake at the about the same price), so now I have a spare. Also the antenna I replaced with an EBAY item, which turns out was the older style antenna. Here is a learning curve differences class. Read the control unit intructions, if you can hook up a 903 then I'll send you my spare free...I never tested it.

heres the nitty gritty on how they actually work....

I beleive the 902 uses two antenna lines labelled "SAT" and "TER" for Sattelite and Terrestrial so it probably "says" it needs both antenna connections, I believe the TER system is pretty much disabled. Besides when are you going have a sky view block where you need Terrestial IN A Boat.

The older style Ant has two lines on it labelled the same, the newer antennas have only one.

So I bid on an older style Marine Antenna as well and received it. It had the SAT and TER connection on it So at first I thought it wouldn't work, till I tested on my cars Brand new Sirius system with the antenna sitting on the dash from DC to Philly with the TER not connected, I had one drop out in the open.

So I used an older style antenna on the newer style 903 and it works perfect. heres the diff. Evidently Sirius went away from the Terrestrial side and specified their antennas with only one connector. But noone seems to know that the dual line antennas (older) work fine with the single ant receivers (newer). Except for me cause I tested the dual antenna on my single receiver units in the car and Boat. Simply leave the TER connector Unconnected, and connect only SAT. Works perfect. And when you call Sirius with your SID make sure you ask for the Kenwood Setup special. I think its like 15 every three months....This really worked out to my benefit.