My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
peterk

Monterey 250cr battery charger location

Hi, I wonder if someone out there could help me locate the battery charger? I've looked everywhere but really sure what it looks like. I have the manuals but it don't show the location.

I have replaced both batteries but the don't seem to hold their charge. I have shore power and a breaker that says battery charger but feel it maybe faulty as voltage is just on 12v.

Tia

Peter

Hi, we have a 2001 262CR.  Our charger now doesn't appear to be working as well.  'Stuck' on 20 volts.  Batteries are new. checked alternator - good.  Batteries charge after running boat.  Need to check fuse in charger; however, more than likely charger needs to be replaced. 

Here is a pic of our charger.  Our charger is located as follows:  Pull handle to engine room open.  Charger is located under floor where pull handle is located when shut.  Note: if you have a similar made charger, we found out that C-Charger is no longer manufacturing them since 2016.  Hope this helps. 

IMG_3073[1].JPG

Howdy, the charger looks like a black box with red and green light son it. There should be a picture of it in your manual. I have an M65 and it is located under the engine hatch, starboard side, under the gunwale. The M65 has an outboard so the engine hatch is access to a large storage area. Not sure what that looks like in your boat. It is pretty obvious on mine. 

good luck.