My Monterey
Sign in to follow this  
su2skelsey

New Fuel Pumps

Just installed two new fuel pumps last week.   Both the port and starboard engines start really well, now.    Before, I had issues with both the port and starboard engines starting intermittently.   Sometimes I would go down to the marina and both engines would start or maybe one would and the other would not.   Mostly it was the starboard engine but sometimes it was the port engine.  It would take trying to start it 10 or 12 times or waiting 15 minutes to get it to start.  Other times it would start right up.   I ran ethanol stabilizer through the gas tank.   This is a 2004 302 CR with twin 5.0 gxi's with about 500 hours on the engines.   I bought two pumps from Amazon.  (New For Volvo Penta Electric Fuel Pump Assembly 21608511 21545138 4.3L 5.0L 5.7L ) for $186.   I figured I could buy 2 or 3 of them for the cost of a new VP fuel pump.   Or I might get lucky and not have to worry about the aftermarket fuel pumps.    Also, the reviews on this model were good.   So I will keep you updated if I have issues.