My Monterey
Pprim322

Monterey 322 exhaust spacer

I have a 2000 322 Cruiser powered by merc 5.7's. I am getting water back into both engines intermittently. I have checked exhaust flaps any they are in good condition, however I think the water line is sitting pretty high in the y pipe. Can anyone with this model regardless of the year have the 3" spacers installed between the manifolds and risers? I am concerned they may have been eliminated by someone who didn't know what they were doing prior to me owing the boat. Any input or any other possible solutions would be great insight.

I can't speak to your 322 as I have a 282 with the Volvo Penta. Can you send pics of the current setup? Our Bayliner had a 5.7L Mercruiser and it had the extensions. But the was to ensure the riser to Y-Pipe fit was correct. There are other reasons for getting water up past the flappers, but let's see some pics first.

Hello pprim332...did you ever get this solved...i also have a 322 that just had two newly rebuilt emgines installed and I'm getting water in both engines on both sides, just sitting at the dock...flappers are also new... interesting if the spacers solved your issue.