My Monterey
amallano

2002 322 new horns & windshield wiper questions

Ok, the goal is to install dual trumpet style horns.  I cant find a good location by the old ones.  I don't want to block the anchor locker, and that is where you stand to tie up to the cleat anyway.  I found 1 pic on the Internet of someone that has them mounted on the starboard side by the windshield near the windshield wiper.  The issue is, how do I get wiring there?  If you take out the helm gauge cluster, you can see through to a point, but you wouldn't reach that area as the helm meets the rest of the upper body.  If you look inside the helm access panel, on the right/starboard side you see wiring access panels, but there is no reaching them and no way to get to them up top.  Then I though, what if the windshield wiper motor blew?  How do you replace it??  Has to be a way, right?  It seems to be in the area above the head (toilet) (which the whole head is an enclosure) or just next to it above the vinyl covered ceiling.

Question - Has anyone run trumpet horns to this location?  How?

Question - Has anyone replaced the windshield wiper motor?  How?

Question - Has anyone (successfully and not destructively) removed/reinstalled the ceiling panel next to the head/starboard portal?

If I get an answer to the windshield wiper motor, I can figure out how to run the wires for the horns.

I love this boat but accessing wiring and access to things in general is just so frustrating.  HELP!!!

I'm an original owner of a 2002 322 and solved the trumpet horn issue by taking it to the radar arch. Made a custom bracket for it out of aluminum. I used 1/4x1" stock for the mounting survice and vertical rib and the base out of old scrap from a boat trailer wench mount. Then had a welder put them together and painted it white.  It worked great! see attached. Two points on mounting. The top of the radar arch is slightly curved.  Thought of it as a nonissue... put a base of silicone down and tighten each of the four screws down a little at a time.  I also made a point of tightening the front two ahead of the others to pull the horns slightly downward to ensure water would drain out.

Horn Mount.jpg

Radar Arch.jpg